Advice and information for schools
Every day, VICCSO provides advice and information to schools and school councils about many issues including:
Practical tools of use to your school
Of value for your school council and school community, VICCSO has recently developed the following:
School council training
Contact us today to discuss how we can assist! We develop customised training for school councils. And see our seven-part training program. Many schools use our program which now includes vodcasts.
Community voice and a network
VICCSO works hard to provide a voice for school council members (including principals, parents, teachers and students). VICCSO also provides a powerful network for schools through its liaison and links with the:
- Association of Business Managers in Victorian State Schools
- Australian College of Educators
- Australian Council for Educational Research
- Australian Council of State School Organisations
- Australian Education Union and the AEU Principal Class Association
- Australian Principals Federation
- Community Languages Australia
- Country Education Project
- Crowther Centre for Learning and Innovation
- Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- Modern Language Teachers' Association of Victoria
- Our Community
- Parents Victoria
- State Schools’ Relief
- Teacher Learning Network
- Victorian Association of State Secondary Principals
- Victorian Council of Social Service
- Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Victorian Parents Council
- Victorian Principals Association
- Victorian Student Representative Council.
See our list of useful links.
You may want to print this page and circulate it at your next school council meeting.